The evening before the op


Soooo… sitting here using a hospital computer with 1999 Internet Explorer version is the last thing I want to do, but WIFI’s not working so I guess it’s better than nothing. I’m supposed to be in the hospital’s “common room” which isn’t that bad, if you like snooker and staring at a massive world map. Feelings: mixed, but not so much worry, just fear, although not as bad as how it normally is. I spoke to the doctor and he told me my blood type was A+ which for some reason made my mum ecstatic…perhaps she needed someone to reiterate that I am really her daughter.

I feel brave, and not so much sleepy but a little tired. I guess I can only leave everything to Allah’s hands now. I got here at about 3pm and pretty much sat here through out the day doing nothing, a part from reading 3 pages of Wuthering Heights, and looking over French Grammar which I can’t even remember now. Great, this will be my last post before surgery and everything will be fine InshAllah.

Great, so I shall be heading back to my room. InshAllah, tomorrow at this time, my curve will be corrected and I’ll be titanium 😀 Although I will be absolutely knackered.

Advertisements

2 days left till operation!


Image

Woah. To encapsulate my feelings in a word, it would be minimal-fear (does that even exist) I’m feeling less anxious than most days though, maybe because it’s sinking in that I am going to have the operation. Anxiety is still there, I guess it’s partly being afraid of the operation and partly bewildered by it being just two days ago. I remember my journey of scoliosis began 3 years ago when it was at 35 degrees, and now is at 50. It feels good in a way to finally get to close this chapter of my life although I won’t stop raising awareness for the condition and helping other people who have to go through it.

My last week at school before the operation was exhausting, maybe it was because of the numerous books I was given for revision! But it was also sad saying bye to the people who I see 5 days a week, excluding holidays, my friends. Friday was my last day and I was thrown an amazing surprise party by my friends to say goodbye and good luck, which literally made everything much more positive! The cake, which included all my favorite chocolates, was made by the amazing Haseena. The support really helped in feeling more better about everything.

School wise, I’m just going to have to work on getting better, then I will start thinking about workload and revision, but overall I’m feeling good. Today is my last day at home before I go for admissions tomorrow. If you’re reading this and you have Scoliosis, I know how hard it is to have to go through something like this, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to leave me a comment on here.

5 days till operation!


Image

Hello,

As you may have noticed, I have changed my Blog’s name to Chaimology, because The way Chaimaa sees it was too long, plus I like this name better as I feel it’s a better encapsulation of what the blog is about. I have not blogged in ages due to school taking up 99% of my time and the other 1% was laziness.

So I received the date of the spinal fusion surgery on Monday afternoon.

Right now, so many thoughts are going through my head, apprehension, fear and anxiety to be more precise. Maybe it’s because it’s all happening so quick. I find myself constantly watching Youtube videos of the operation which doesn’t really help, knowing that I myself will be in the same position as the patients receiving the surgery next week. In a way I am glad that my Scoliosis will be controlled once I get the surgery over and done with, yet it still feels bemusing that it’s all happening so fast. I guess in this final week before my operation I can only wish for the best and try and control my emotions by focusing on positive things instead of watching Youtube videos and reading stories about it.

Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 1,093 other followers

September 2013
M T W T F S S
« Oct   Oct »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30  

Chams Writes

Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.